1/15/2008

Siblings. . .

The other night I decided to take Makaylee to IKEA for a "girls only" night. I was excited to spend some quality time with Mak, seperate from the baby. We sang some songs in the car, and then it grew silent for a few minutes. I guess I was lost in my own thougths when I hear: "Boogie, Boogie, Boo, he he (Giggle, giggle)" from the back seat.
I said "Makaylee, who are you talking to?"
She replied "Baby ROWEN!" (like duh.)
I said, "Baby Rowen is at home with Daddy"
"I know Mommy, it is just for pretends!"
Then a few minutes later I hear "tickle, tickle, tickle!"
I look in the rear-view mirror, and she is actually reaching over to where Rowen normally sits and is tickling the air!
A few minutes later she says "SHHHHH Mommy, baby Rowen is asleep now!"
I said: "Do you just really miss your baby brother?"
"Yeah Mommy." (sigh. . .)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

That is precious!!!

Jeni said...

She is so funny! I wish I could borrow her imagination for a day.

Tiffany said...

Stef,
Mackaylee has the cutest personality.

Christen said...

So funny! I love when she says for "pretends!" What a cutie.