1/28/2008

I want to be a B'dult!

Lately Makaylee has been obsessed with birthdays, getting big, and growing up. Here are some of the funny comments she has made lately:
"On my birthday I am going to be 8!" (like her cousins Sam & Britton)
"When I am the mommy, and you are the little girl, then I can feed Rowen."
"When I was a b'dult (adult), then I used that sharpie (knife) too!"
"When I was the mommy, I gave Rowen a bath all by myself's!"
This afternoon she asked me, "If I eat healthy food, and practice really hard, can I be a b'dult?" When I told her that she would still have to wait a long time to be an adult she started crying and said "I want to be a b'dult now!" Poor kid!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh, if only they knew. I might go back to preschool life in an instant and trade her crayons for my dishtowel...but only if I can skip the whole 16 to 21 years of age time!

Tiffany said...

That is so cute, it must be something about the age. A couple of weeks ago I made a cake (just for the heck of it) and Logan decided we were going to celebrate his "pretend birthday" So I put candles on the cake and we sang to him and everything. So now he has decided to be 5 years old, even though his birthday isn't until May. If you ask him how old he is he will say "5". Funny!
love, Tiff

kristi said...

Kaylee - Someday me and you will be b'dults. Until then, let's just have fun chasing each other at Grandma's and sneaking M&M's...