1/28/2008

Our Dear Prophet!

I just wanted to write a note about the passing of our dear Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. I was caught off guard by the sad news and asked my Dad "Was this expected?" To which he kindly reminded me "Well, Stefanie, he was 97 years old!" I know, but he was the youngest 97 year old I have ever known! He almost seemed invincible, and still so full of life! It was a sad day for me, but it made me feel better to picture what a glorious reunion he had in Heaven. First with his sweet wife, and can you imagine the congregations that were awaiting his return? I will never forget his sweet sense of humor, his straightforward way of putting things, and the way he carried his cane around and never really used it for walking. What a sweet and funny man he was! He will surely be missed!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Next conference just won't be the same. I miss him already ;-(