3/04/2008

Angel Powered Car!

I wanted to share a faith-building experience I had on Saturday night, at midnight. I was coming home from work, and the battery light turned on in my car. . . then the heater stopped blowing hot air, and then I noticed that it was overheating. I was on the freeway, and started panicking, as I really didn't want to have the car break down on the freeway! I said a quick prayer that the car would make it at least to my neighborhood, so that I wouldn't have to get Terry and the kids out of bed at midnight. I was able to exit the freeway, and hit the side-streets. When I would speed up, the needle on the thermostat would hit red, so I had to drive 25mph. The car starting revving and acting really weird, the airbag light started flashing, the hazard lights started speeding up (in practically the same rythm as my racing heart!) Other cars were flying by me, but at least I was still driving! As I turned into my subdivision, everything went dark, my headlights, the hazards, the radio, the console lights, all DEAD! The car did keep sputtering along though, about as fast as I could have walked. And I basically coasted into my garage! What a blessing it was to make it home! What if I would have stalled, with headlights off on the freeway! How scary the other possibilities were! When I got home Terry popped the hood and found that one of the belts was GONE! I never should have been able to drive it home with out a belt! As I was telling my mom about it, she said "You made it home on angel power!" I couldn't agree more!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so glad you made it home and were not on the side of the freeway that time of night by yourself. Angels for sure!!!

Tiffany said...

What a blessing!

Tiffany said...

and isn't it great to know "who" helped you home!

Unknown said...

So glad you are safe. Car problems rank up there with cavities on my list of favorites...

Mindy said...

What a cool story. We need those every once in a while. Heaven just feels so close then.