2/01/2010

Follow Up Appointment

Today we had Aleeya's follow up appointment with her Pediatrician. She is still breathing pretty fast, but her oxygen saturation was awesome today (99-100%.) The Dr. said "She's about done with this RSV stuff" and that I should stop worrying about her.

Oh, but if only I was just worried about her breathing. . . Her diapers have had a little more blood in them for the last two days, so this morning I wrapped one up and brought it to the Dr. like a smelly little present. He said that it was unusual that she had that severe of a reaction to my breast milk and that we should keep her on the Nutramigen. If the blood doesn't go away by Friday we need to bring in another diaper for a stool test to rule out an infection or some other complication. Yesterday I did the math. She will drink two cans a week. At $21.00 a can that is $168.00 a month! I guess I will be going back to work a little sooner than I thought!

On the lighter side, I was looking at Rowen today, and he looked so HUGE to me. (I know it is partly because I have been holding Aleeya for almost 24 hours a day for the last week.) I decided to throw him on the scale for the fun of it and my eyes almost popped out of my head. He has gained two pounds in the last month (28 lbs!) I have been force feeding the kid for almost 6 months trying to get him to gain weight, and the one month I have not been able to pay much attention to feeding him he finally packs it on. The irony.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad to hear Aleeya is home and doing better. Yeah for Rowen!

The Hoods said...

Oh Stef! I am so sorry about everything that is going on! I really hope that everything is good now and she has no more problems.

kristi said...

Stef... I am SOOOOOOO sorry you've had such a rough couple of weeks. You have been in our prayers every night! I hope you're doing okay. I know it's hard on the kids... but it's WAAY hard on the moms too. Hang in there! Let me know when you're headed to Grandma's. I'll meet you there!