2/27/2008

Should I Jump Mommy?

First of all, let me say. . . we are so excited about the sun around here! Yay, it feels like I've been waiting for it all my life! Today, I went on a walk with Mak and Rowen. As we got close to the park, Makaylee was a little behind us and I heard her yell; "Hey, Mommy Look!" She is standing at the edge of a small puddle that is very deep in the middle. She says, "Should I jump?" In my practical mommy mind I am thinking, that she wants to see if she can jump OVER it, so I say "Yes! "
Wrong! She jumps right in the MIDDLE, and splashes water and mud everywhere! "MAKAYLEE!!" I yell,
"What Mommy? You said to jump!"
How do I argue with that?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

That is classic. I hope you were far enough away that you didn't end up with the spray....

Holly said...

Isn't she mischievious enough that you'd know she wanted to jump IN the puddle, not around? It seems like she is :-)

kristi said...

I LOVE MAKAYLEE!!!!!!!!! It's amazing how you truly have to get inside their minds. It makes total sense in both cases - you just have to see which way she is understanding it!! :)

Jeni said...

Hee hee - she gotcha there.