9/01/2008

Strike Over.

Well, I didn't intend to go on a blogging strike for the month too, but it looks like that's what happened! August was like a whirlwind that flew by, and I really neglected my blog (and everyone elses, sorry!) So here is a few things that happened in Aug.

--I tried REALLY hard to not eat french fries. . . and did a pretty good job, but I was not 100%. I guess my self discipline is not quite as good as I thought it was!

--I ran 4 miles in just over 40 minutes! HUGE accomplishment for me! My legs felt like Jello the next day, and when I got out of bed the next morning I was wondering if my legs were even going to be able to hold my weight!

--Hit my Wedding-day-weight! A first in the last 7 years of marriage. Let's hope I can maintain it! (Well, I know I CAN maintain it, but let's hope I'm willing to do the WORK to maintain it!)

--I got REALLY sick with Strep! I seriously thought I was going to DIE! My fever hit 105.6! But, I am on antibiotics and doing good now. No one else in the family has gotten it yet (knock on wood!) But I keep chasing all of them around the house with a thermometer, like a crazy woman, to check their non-existent fevers! Makaylee seriously just rolls her eyes at me and holds still long enough for me to check her temp!

--I gave in and made an appointment for Rowen to have a "Feeding Evaluation." The poor kid just doesn't like to eat anything but oatmeal baby food and breast milk. (And I am about ready for him to give up the breast milk habit, if-you-know-what-I-mean!) He hasn't really gained any weight in the last 3 months either, so his pediatrician recommended it. His appointment is on Monday, I'll let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Stef,
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 4 MILE RUN!! That is awewome! I only made it to 2.5 when I was running, great job!
I also got sick (last week) looked like strep, tasted like strep, felt like strep, NOT strep. I just had a big ugly, disgusting, sore tonsil. Thankfully it was only one of them. The Dr. was kindof freaked out about the whole thing. I never had a fever though. Hope you are feeling better.
Love,
tiff

Tiffany said...

P.S.
Hope things go well with Rowan. Let me know what they say.
Tiff

Laura said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Your blog is incredibly cute. It's nice to see what you've been up to all these years! Do you ever hear from Carrie?

Jeni said...

I'm glad you are off your strike, guess I'll go off too (ugh, peer pressure). WTG on your wedding weight - thought you were looking awefully skinny. I'll try and get with it so we can try running together some day!