8/01/2008

Hi, My Name is Stefanie and. . .

I am a French Fry addict!
When I was pregnant with Makaylee I craved oranges, all the time. While I was pregnant with Rowen I craved FRENCH FRIES all the time, and I still do! The only reason I am putting this in print is because admitting you have a problem is the first step right? :)

A medium sized fry at McDonalds is 380 calories, and has 19 grams of fat! There are 3500 calories in a pound. So if I don't eat fries (that I normally eat 3 times a week) for one month, that adds up to about 4950 calories a month, or 1.5 pounds!

So here is my challenge to myself, (and anyone interested in joining my little strike.) No fries for the month of August. No hard work required: Fry Free August= lose 1.5 pounds. I'll let you know if it works!

7 comments:

Holly said...

You are so hilarious. Good luck with your strike!

Jeni said...

Yah, like you even have 1.5 pounds to lose! I have been SO FAR behind on blogs lately and gasped to see how dang cute your pictures turned out. I need to see them all!!! Love ya.

cory and tara said...

Count me in! I don't eat them very often but when I do let myself, it's like I can't stop at just a few, I have to eat like ALL of them PLUS my kids'!

kristi said...

Sorry Stef!!! I'm not strong enough to join in on this. :) But I guess I have an excuse since I'm supposed to be gaining weight anyways, right?? HA HA HA HA!! Good luck to you though!!!

Kelli said...

Even after reading this, I had French Fries yesterday. Sorry I'm not joining your strike Stef! I guess the DuVall girls just aren't strong enough :) Good luck though!

Sonya said...

Have to say... you are doing fabulous!!! You look really good, I need to swear them off too, not sure I am ready to admit my problem though!
We need to go to Astro Burger on September 1st though!!! GAME??? Hahaha!

The Hoods said...

Good Luck!! You don't even need to worry about losing weight you look soooo good!! Have fun with your strike!!