9/05/2008

Bear Lake


Last weekend we went up to Bear Lake so Terry could go hunting with his brother Eric. His wife and I stayed at their cabin with the kids, slept in comfy beds, and let the kids play on the beach all day long. Meanwhile the men were sleeping in the back of a pickup truck, hiking miles in hot camo gear, and eating cold chili straight out of the can. (And they seriously think they got the better end of the bargain!)I was so worried about bringing Rowen out to the beach the first time. I thought he would just try and eat the dirt and sea shells, and make us both miserable. I had no idea how much fun he would have! He is a little copy cat, and he would watch his sister and cousins build sand castles, and then he would pick up the shovel and start trying to fill a bucket with sand. It was so much fun.

3 comments:

Holly said...

That looks like it was a blast. I love Bear Lake!

Jeni said...

whew, I'm so glad to see Mak wore a lifesaver ring for that super deep pool at the end of the slide! Hee hee - cute pictures, AND if Row would have eaten the dirt you could have at least found SOMETHING he eats (wink).

kristi said...

VERY cute pictures! Your kids are so good lookin'! I love Bear Lake and glad you got to go. But I'm sorry Terry - you did NOT get the better end of the bargain! :)