4/06/2010

Surprise Visit


It was 8:00 on a Tuesday night, and the house was a disaster. I had been home alone with the kids all day, because Terrill had a class after work. Rowen had just told me that he had to go potty when the doorbell rang.

I hesitated to answer the door because of the hour, but I was rewarded with 5 smiling children's faces when I did. The "Activity Day" girls I used to serve had come by my house to collect donations for "Pennies by the inch."

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Rowen bopping around, but I was a little distracted because I was embarrassed about the state of my house. I told the girls how much I missed them, and how cute they looked, but they seemed a little bit distracted, too.

As they were leaving, I walked them to the door, and my children joined me on the doorstop, happily waving goodbye. As I turned to close the door I noticed for the first time, Rowen was as NAKED as can be! (Suddenly, I understood the girls' nervous glances!)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Mwah ha ha. How funny. I guess he's not shy yet, eh? :-)