4/23/2010

Holey Jeans!


Makaylee has come home with a hole in the right knee of her jeans 5 times this month! Not joking! After the first 2 pairs I was a little irritated, but I figured that kids will be kids, and get holes in their pants. After the 3rd pair I was confused because they were brand new and had NO signs of wear before she had left for school. After the 4th pair I started asking her what was going on, (with I don't know being the answer.) After the 5th pair I was MAD! I sat her down, and said "What is going on at school that is making you get holes in your pants, almost every single day?"
She said "I don't KNOW!"
I said sarcastically: "Well, are you like, crawling around on your knees like a dog at recess?!"
She surprised me by responding "Well, me and Eva think that it's fun!"
So now there is a new rule: No playing 'dog' at recess!

4 comments:

Holly said...

A rule you probably thought you'd never have as a parent :-)

The Ingleby Family said...

Stef, they sure don't make jeans like they used to. I bought Lill 2 pairs to start her in Pre-School this year and they are already trashed now to be used for camping but seriously! I don't have money to keep putting in buying pants! Sheesh!!! Good LUCK!

Jeni said...

hee hee, at least you figured out what was going on :D

kristi said...

ha ha ha ha ha - that made me laugh SOOO hard! Love that little girl!