4/26/2010

Being a Kid with Asthma. . .


Being a kid with eczema is tough. . . Mom won't let me play on the grass. It makes me all itchy and scratchy. I watch the other kids rolling around in the grass, and sometimes I can't help it, and I plop down on the grass too. But, then mom comes running over, picks me up and says "You can STAND on the grass, you CANNOT sit on the grass." I know that she will probably make me come inside and shower if I do it again, so I tell her, "OK, Mommy, I'll play on the sidewalk."

Being a kid with allergies is tough. . . Mommy won't let me pet kittys, and I love them SOOOO much! She tells me that they are not good for me, but I don't believe her. I tell her: "The meow is really nice, it's really careful with me Mommy! It not scratch me, it not bite me, it's really careful with me, though!"

Being a kid with asthma is tough. . . Daddy says "WALK, DON'T RUN!" I don't know why KK and my friends can run without coughing. If I do start to cough then I automatically say "I'm okay Mommy" because I am so used to her asking. If my coughs are really bad I tell Mommy "I needa Puff! (inhaler)" because I know that it will help my coughs go away, but it also makes me shaky, and I really don't like that.

When I said my prayers tonight, I said "Thank you for playing outside. . . thank you for LOOKING at the Meow. . . and thank you for STANDING on the grass." When I looked up at Mommy she smiled, but she had tears in her eyes. I don' t know why she was sad, but maybe being the Mom is tough, too!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

aw, he is such a sweetie, and such a good sport!

kristi said...

Sorry Stef - that has got to be hard. But what a cute little boy that can look on the positive side of things! ;)