1/08/2010

Our First Week Home





Our first week home has passed by in a sleep deprived, chaotic, and lovely blur! Aleeya's birth went very well and smooth. She took a little bit longer getting here than my other two have, but it made it a little more relaxed as well. She was a perfect angel in the hospital, and even let us sleep well at night, however I think she was just tricking us into taking her home, (just kidding!) Our first night home she didn't sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time, and nursed almost as often. By dawn I was looking at her really closely to make sure that I had brought the right baby home from the hospital! Luckily our second night home was a little better, and we have had a few good nights in between.

Three children has been a HUGE adjustment for all. Rowen has been a little more stubborn, but luckily he is an easy going kid, and just kind of rolls with it. My dear Makaylee on the other hand has been A LOT more dramatic. She kept asking if she could hold the baby one day and I kept telling her no because I had to feed her, or because she was sleeping, etc. I guess she finally had it the last time I told her no, because she stormed off and disappeared for a few minutes. She came back a few minutes later looking forlorn with a little note in her hand. It said "Mom, you ruined my life, my heart is broken. Makaylee" Well, that was the final straw on the very thin hold I had of my emotions and I started bawling! I know it sounds funny that a 5 year old would even come up with something like that, but at the time it broke my heart!

But each day (and some nights) are getting easier, and more normal, and I feel so blessed to have this sweet tiny angel in our home!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Holly said...

Look at that dark hair! I just assumed she'd be a blondie like her sister. Good luck with adjusting.

Jeni said...

It is such a roller coaster those first few weeks. It's a good thing Heavenly Father sends'em in so cute and adorable. She is such a cutie. I've gotta get my mits on her again!

Tiffany said...

Aleeya just keeps getting cuter. Ugh!
I love Mackaylee's personality! She is going to do great things in this life!
And I could just steal Row!
Glad to hear its going pretty good.

kristi said...

STEF!!! I'm sorry!! Those things are NEVER fun to hear. Even though you know they don't mean it. I hope you're doing okay! Don't tell me hard things about three kids though... I'll NEVER make that step!!! ha ha ha. JK vent as much as you like!