11/01/2009

Oink Oink! Day #3 & 4


Day # 3: Makaylee woke up with a fever, cough, and feeling achy. She said "Mommy, I sure hope I am not sick on Halloween!" (Break my heart!) I think the last few sick days blended together, so she didn't realize how many days had passed! By the afternoon she was feeling A LOT better. Her fever was GONE by about noon. She was moving around the house and being a busy body, which made it really hard for me to keep track of the things she had touched! It also made it even harder to keep a distance between her and Rowen. In the evening I broke her the news, that it really was Halloween, and she had a HUGE meltdown! She was so upset and said "I HATE Halloween!" So, we tried to make a fun at home Halloween for her. We made caramel apples, carved pumpkins, and watched a Halloween movie. I told her that next year she can trick or treat for twice as long as she ever has, and that seemed to cheer her up a little bit!

Day # 4: She woke up with NO FEVER! HOORAY! The only thing she complained about today was that her legs were a little bit sore. I think she has almost completely recovered, I am so excited! But I still worry that the flu is incubating in me, Rowen, or Terry, and just as Makaylee gets better we will have to start all over again! Yikes!

I want to thank my awesome family and friends that have been so concerned about us for the last few days! I have really appreciated the phone calls, emails, and prayers!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad she is feeling better! Sorry she had to miss Halloween.

kristi said...

Stef - HOW HORRIBLE!!! I'm SOOO sorry you've had to deal with that. I REALLY hope none of the rest of you get it. I'm SOOOO sorry!!!!!