11/15/2009

Growing Pains

The baby is coming in about six weeks! We decided that we needed to get Rowen out of the crib/toddler bed a little while before baby girl comes, so that he is used to the change before she gets here. We tried to make a big deal about him moving to a "Big Boy Bed," and he seemed excited while we were changing his room around, until it was actually time to sleep in it! The conversation went something like this.

"No like a big boy bed!"

"But you are a big boy, and this bed is just for you!"

"No! I not a big boy!"

"You're not?"

"No, I LITTLE!"

He REFUSED to get into the bed to sleep, we finally just turned off the lights and left him in his room. He talked to himself, and banged things around for a little while, but then he grew quiet. I went to check on him a few minutes later and almost opened the door into him. He had pulled out his little chair/bed and fallen asleep on it. It was so adorable, and heartbreaking! He now calls it his "Little Bed" and falls asleep in it almost every night! While he is sleeping I sneak into his room and put him back in his "Big Boy Bed," hoping that he will eventually get used to sleeping in there!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Tanner sleeps on the floor in his room almost every night despite trying to get him to sleep in his bed. I just think how uncomfortable it must be, but there must be something great about it, if he chooses to do it every night right?

kristi said...

That transition IS hard for some reason. You wouldn't assume it would be since they get "a new, fun bed" but it is. Good thing you started now! ;)

Jeni said...

aw... change is so hard for kids - but he sure looks cute and comfy on the floor!

jkimball said...

That looks like what I slept on in Korea. You get used to it. When I came home I couldn't sleep in a bed for awhile. I guess Rowen and I have something incommon.