10/11/2009

My Baby Needs a Name!


The problem is not that we can't think of any cute names, the problem is that we CAN'T AGREE on any names! I have lists and lists of darling baby girl names that I would be more than happy with, the problem is that all the names have huge lines that Terrill has drawn through them!!! When I find a new name I get all excited, sure that it is THE NAME but it takes about 2 seconds for Terrill to shoot it down and ruin it for me! (Here are some examples, so you know I am not over exaggerating!)
Me: "Piper?" Him: "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers!"
Me: "Embree?" Him: "Embryo!"
Me: "Delilah?" Him: "Hey there Delilah what's it like in New York City?"
Me: "Lucy?" Him: (with thick Spanish accent) "Oh, LLuuuuccccyyy!"
And, the more names I tell him, the more "Rules" he develops.
Me: "Violet" Him: "No colors!"
Me: "Daisy?" Him: "No flowers!"
Me: "Ruby?" Him: "No Gemstones!"
Me: "London?" Him: "No Cities!"
SERIOUSLY! Who would have thought that Hubby would be so picky about his baby girl's name! I have even tried the I-am-the-one-that-has-to-give-birth-to-this-baby argument, but baby still has no name and she really wants one! Does anyone have any great suggestions? (For my husband to rip apart!)

11 comments:

kristi said...

Sorry Stef - I'm sure that's frustrating for you - but it was VERY funny for me to read!!!! :) Since we've had no need... I haven't looked into girl's names yet - so no ideas here. But best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ingleby Family said...

Stef, Bruce was the exact same way, here are some that he shot down, maybe Terry will give one of these a go......
Adalynn
Savannah
Paisley
Presley
Ireland-Ya he won't like that one
Brynna
Lila
Arianna
We ended out gettting a book from the library and finally decided on Ava. Good LUCK! I Totally know what you are going through!

Holly said...

Ah, the name game. So fun. It took Chase several days after Emery was born to relent to that name. I still have to hear "But our next boy will be..." Good luck! (By the way, I like how creative Terry is with shooting down the names) :-)

Jeni said...

even Hayden? I thought for sure he would like that one! Now I am frustrated with him too (still luv you though, Terr!) There is a couple in our ward with a 4 month old that still doesn't have a name for this reason. She spoke on sunday to introduce her family and named all of the kids by name then said, and our sweet 4-month old boy :-) I have total confidence he will relent by then though (I hope!).

Tiffany said...

Wow, that's pretty tough. Maybe Terry needs some counseling or something. Is there "bulimia" for names? He just throws them all up!
Hope you find one soon!

Kelli said...

That's exactly why we haven't discussed names yet :) Good luck!

moecleo said...

what about kayla or Sarah?

moecleo said...

name her after his grandma and your grandma he can't tear these names appart.

Christen said...

Terry cracks me up! Sorry, I'm no help. It's the same around our house - I suggest and Mike shoots 'em down.

Mindy said...

Ahhhhh. That brings back terrible memories. It does give you something to do while you're in labor though. However, I wouldn't suggest using any of the ideas you get when in that much pain. Poor Anabelle came home and didn't have a name for a week. So hard to bond with a baby you don't know what to call. I finally gave in to Tony's pick because I couldn't handle it and I love it more every day. You'll get it. Good luck!

jkimball said...

This is your brother who forgot his "blog" password.... I do this so often you know.

Jen is quite fond of names where you just drop the first letter and viola, you have fancy new fangled name. Examples SHE likes:

aiden (drop the H)
adison (drop the M)

Examples I like


tewart (drop the S)
ack (drop the J)
ick (drop the N)

You get the jist of it. Try it out yourself, You'll like it!