10/08/2009

It's Hard to be the Mommy!


Me, Makaylee, and Rowen have all had the 24 hour (plus) stomach flu today and I am just so worn out! It is so hard to be the mom, help my kiddos, and clean up their messes when my stomach is churning right along with theirs! (Warning, too much info:) At one point Makaylee started to explain to me what her vomit looked like (something about the last thing she had eaten) and at that moment I was getting really queasy and I said to her 'PLEASE don't tell me about it right now, it's making my stomach hurt!' Sure enough, seconds later I had to dive into the bathroom to vomit, (and dry heave a bunch of times!) Poor Makaylee was standing behind me asking me if I was okay and I couldn't even answer her, and then she started crying and saying 'Mama, I'm sorry I won't talk about it any more!' Poor thing! The only good thing was that we were all equally beat, so we pretty much just all laid on the couches all day and rotated between the 5 library movies we had picked out a few days before! But I couldn't help thinking, it's hard to be the Mommy, when I wish my own Mom could be taking care of me!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hope you all are feeling better now! It's the worst to be sick when you're the mom!

The Ingleby Family said...

I am sorry you all have been sick! We all were sick other than Bruce and I was 37 weeks pregnant and I thought I was going to die! I am so sorry Stef! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys!
Do you have a name picked out yet??

Jeni said...

Ugh, that has happened to me so many times - I hate it!! Hopefully you don't have the same lovely experience of peeing your pants while barfing like I did when I was pregnant! Sorry, I am adding my TMI to yours.

kristi said...

I'm SOOOO sorry Stef. The hard thing about being a mom is you don't ever get sick days!!!! Let me know if I can help any. Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!