3/20/2009

Comedic Relief

We've pretty much been home sick this week. Rowen has an ear infection, and his asthma is acting up, so he is on Antibiotics and steroids. The combination of those meds does not make him, (or his tummy) happy! I felt like we needed a little outing this afternoon, so we went to Arctic Circle for lunch. Rowen's cough seemed all but gone, so after he ate I let him down to play.
Bad. Idea.
He started coughing so hard that he started gagging, and the gagging turned to vomiting! (All over the table and the tray!) I was so embarrassed, and I suddenly needed to be "Octomom!" (No, not the one with 8 babies, the one with 8 arms!) I was trying to console Ro, get him to take a drink, and clean up the vomit, all at the same time! In the middle of the chaos I asked Makaylee for help several times and she just backed away from us and said "EEWWW!" People were looking at me like "Why would you bring a contagious kid to a play place!" And I wanted to shout back "Asthma is not contagious!"
When I finally got the kids to the car, I shouldn't have been mad, but I WAS! I told Makaylee that I really needed her help in there! She is a big girl now and she should be able to help Mommy when I ask! She let me finish whining, and without missing a beat she said matter-of-factly "It's because Mom! I am allergic to BARF!"
I couldn't help but laughing, and I was actually kind of grateful for the comedic relief!


8 comments:

Sonya said...

I am so sorry! I wish I could have been there to help you out! I could have been 2 more arms! I wish I was allergic to barf! I might use that one next time Mitch and I are deciding who has to clean it up!

Jeni said...

Oh she is so funny. I think I'm going to claim a severe allergy to barf too! I hope he feels better soon! (all the way better)

jkimball said...

So if I claim an allergy to poop does that mean I don't have to change Taylor any more... Do you think Nick will buy it?

Kelli said...

Makaylee is a genius! Now we're all going to be using that excuse :) Thanks Makaylee!! I'm sorry it was such a horrible experience for you though.

kristi said...

Kaylee is funny - but I can't even IMAGINE how horrible that experience was for you. You are VERY brave. I hope you have recovered from the trauma!

Christen said...

That girl is too funny! Sorry about the worry and wait you guys have to deal with ... hopefully they'll realize how amazing Terry is and not only keep him around but promote him with a HUGE raise! What? It could happen...

Stacey said...

Oh Stef I'm sorry!! I'm sure that was so hard!! Your kids are so cute. I can just see MaKaylee saying that. She's so cute! We had so much fun with you guys the other night too. We need to to it again soon! I'm glad MaKaylee is okay too. That was sooo scary. Let us know what happens with Terry. We will keep you in our prayers!

The Hoods said...

That's so funny! Makenna is always saying she's alergic to things that don't make sense. It's just these funny kids!! I hope Rowen will get over everything. Let me know if you need anything!!