4/09/2008

My Baby Girl is 4!

I can't believe that four years ago today, I was holding my tiny brand new baby girl! I watched her sleep, and wondered what she would look like, what she would act like, and what she would accomplish. Then I closed my eyes to rest. It seems like I barely even nodded off, and when I opened my eyes, she was 4 years old!

I was tucking her in bed last night and I noticed her beautiful profile, her sweet blond curls, and her long skinny arms. She has turned into a spunky, funny, sweet, and fiercely independent little girl. I love her with all my heart! She has taught me so much about life in her four years! She has accomplished so much, despite having an inexperienced and overly emotional mother! I am so excited to see what life has in store for her, but I am afraid that the next time I open my eyes, she will be 16!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking that at Mom's Sunday...You have a 4 year old! They grow up so stinkin' fast, but she has grown up so well. I love your little "Mak" too!

Tiffany said...

I often wish I had a better (remember) memory of when my kids were younger. It goes by so fast, and there is always so much to do, that I feel like I missed so much. You people who take lots of pictures and video, will have priceless memories to re-live. As for me I am horrible at pulling out the video camera and still camera, it is such a shame! I have lost all of my mommy points for pictures and video. Shame, Shame, Shame!!!
love,
Tiff

Tiffany said...

Oh ya, and by the way, Makaylee has always been a beautiful little girl.

kristi said...

The most beautiful four year old ever. HAPPY BDAY Makaylee!!

Mindy said...

Ditto! I couldn't have said it any better.

Wendy said...

What a cool guitar!!!!