4/25/2008

Goodbye Mazda, Hello Matrix. . .

Today we sold our old, (but cute) little Mazda Protege to CarMax. They only gave us $500.00 Uggghhh! We were spending over $600 a year to insure that little piece of junk! I bought it 10 years ago (with the help of my sweet parents) for just over $8500! I cannot believe the way cars lose their value! It is so depressing! If we were to sell it on our own, we probably could have gotten more, but the transmission is going out, and the check engine light keeps making an appearance, (and it kind of smells funny!) I was afraid that if we sold it to someone and the transmission died in a week, they would come back to us and NOT be happy!
What did we replace the Mazda with? A cute little Toyota Matirx, pictured above (ours is a silvery blue.) Terry wanted a commuter car with awesome gas mileage, I wanted a hatchback or crossover, so we settled on something in between.

I guess I will have to wait a few more years for my CX-9! (pictured above)






3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute car, I can't wait to see it?

Unknown said...

Cute! Love it, can't wait to meet him. (her?) If it is Teri's car, probably a her.

Holly said...

I can't believe you only got $500 dollars for your car. How depressing! Your new car looks great!