4/23/2011

The Night Before Easter...

It was the night before Easter, and only two little children were tucked in their beds. The oldest one lingered downstairs, past her bedtime as she frequently does. Terrill & I were sitting on the couch, trying to ignore the stalling. She was fussing around, getting into the fridge and the cupboards, but we were too deep into conversation to really keep track of what she was doing. . . Until she asked "What do bunnies drink?"
"Hu?" I replied
"What do you think the Easter Bunny would like to drink?"
"Ummm... water, I guess." I stood up to see what she was up to, and I laughed-out-loud. This 7 year old of ours sure is creative! I never thought to leave the Easter Bunny a snack or letter when I was a kid! I love how she made a place setting, complete with a fork and a knife. . . just in case a a bunny needs utensils to eat it's carrots!

In the letter she asked if the Easter Bunny likes his carrots. The Easter Bunny circled yes and even left some muddy footprints for her to see in the morning!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Ingleby Family said...

Stef, That is pretty CUTE!!