4/22/2011

Mini-Twin/ Mini-Mom


I call Makaylee my mini-twin for obvious reasons, but it doesn't stop with our resemblance. Like me, she is fiercely independent, very determined, and just a TAD bit sassy! But lately, she is working pretty hard on becoming Mini-Mom, too!

This morning I was not feeling well and was laying down on the couch for a minute. Rowen, (whom in defense-wasn't feeling well either) walked into the kitchen and started yelling, "Mom, MOM! MOM!!! I'm thirsty, get me some juice!"

Makaylee said to him, (in an incensed tone)-"Rowen, are you serious? You are going to make Mom come clear in here and get you some juice, when you are standing right by it?! Do you know how to move your own body. . . ? Do I need to take you to How to move your own body school. . . ? Because, I would take you there, if there was such a thing!"

At first I was startled at the intensity of her reaction, but then I giggled and relaxed for a few more minutes as my Mini-Mom handled the situation.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

That is hilarious. I can totally see her saying that. She is such a riot!

Christen said...

Everytime you write something that Makaylee has said I laugh out loud. She is too smart for her own good ... and gorgeous, too!