3/19/2010

The Funny Things 2 Year Olds Say

Tonight Rowen looked up and saw a beautiful, crystal clear moon.
"Ooohhh! Look at the moon! I can catch it when I get big, big, big, BIG!"
Me: "You would have to be pretty big to catch the moon!"
Ro: "Uuummm, I think I need a stepstool or somethin'!"

During a longish van ride, Rowen turned back to Makaylee and said:" How's it goin' KK?"
Makaylee: "Good"
Rowen: "KK! You s'pposed to say, how's it goin' Rowen!"

One day, when we dropped Makaylee off at school, Rowen got sad because he wanted to go with her. I told him that he gets to go to school next year. He was quiet for a minute, and then he looked up at me and said, "You needa buy me a backpack Momma!"

Aleeya was laying on a blanket kicking her feet. Rowen said (in a whiny voice) "Mom, Aleeya is 'clicking' me!"

We are big on nicknames. Rowen is "Ro", Makaylee is "KK" and Aleeya is either "Leeya" or "LeeLee." Rowen has taken her name one step easier and just calls Aleeya "La."

We sing "You are my Sunshine" every night to Rowen. Sometimes he sings it on his own during the day and he always says: "But when I woke up, I was mistaken and I 'bonked' my head and cried."

No comments: