7/30/2009

It's a Girl!

We had our ultrasound on Thursday and found out that we are having another. . . GIRL! We are so excited to be thinking pink around here again!

A few months ago, just after I had found out that I was pregnant, we went to a clothing store. We walked by the baby section and Makaylee picked up a hot pink infant robe and threw it in my shopping cart. I said "KK, why did you put that in the cart?"
She replied in a matter-of-fact way "It's for my baby sister."
My jaw dropped for a minute, because I had not even told Makaylee that I was pregnant yet!!! (I wish I had written that story before, so that I would have proof.)

The morning before we had the ultrasound I said "Makaylee, today is the day we find out if we are having a girl baby or a boy baby!"
She said "MOM, it's a girl!"
"But what if it's not? It might be a boy." I said
"Mom, it IS a girl!"
She was so sure it was a girl, that she had us all convinced! We were not surprised one bit when they told us that it actually was a girl!

I was so excited to get a 3D ultrasound because I have never had one before, (but I hate to admit that they are just a little bit creepy looking.) I was hoping to see just a little bit more detail, but it was really cool seeing her wiggle around and kick in the 3D mode though!

Baby Girl, we are so excited to meet you!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Christen said...

YAY for sisters!! Don't you love how little kids just know?!

Tiffany said...

YEAH!!!! Congratulations! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering if you knew yet!
I'm really happy for you guys!

The Ingleby Family said...

That is awesome! I can't wait to see her. And your kids will be such a huge help! Congrats!

jkimball said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet our new cousin.

Breezy said...

Smart girl you got there! I'm so excited for you and those 3D images look like they're clay or something-technology and life are so amazing! Love you cousin!

Jeni said...

Do they do the 3-d routinely now? That is so awesome! I can already tell she will be simply beautiful!!

kristi said...

CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting!! And Kaylee will LOVE being a big sister to a little girl she can dress up! :) Watch out!