7/10/2008

Summer Update

Seriously, why does the summer fly by faster than any other time of year? I just can't find the time to sit and blog! Here is a few things that we have been up to:

The 4th of July: Probably my second favorite holiday, what makes it so fun? I still feel the same way I felt when I was a little kid, looking up at the big fireworks. There is no where I would rather be, than right there, with my crazy family, fried chicken, and the land of the free!

Yard work: I wish I had a before and after to post of our flower bed, Terry did an awesome job ripping out the old and adding a retaining wall and wood chips.

Picnic table: Again, I wish I had a before and after, I refinished an old picnic table that my dad made years ago. It went from embarrassing to fabulous! I didn't even realize it was redwood under all that gray wood and oxidation! Bring on the BBQ's!

Rowen's birthday BBQ: We had Terry's family over to celebrate Rowen's birthday, thanks for the good company, and nice gifts! (yes, it is still his 1st birthday, we just celebrated it for like two whole weeks!)

The track: We've been going to the track a few times a week, it has been so much fun, Makaylee brings her bike and rides around and Terry and I take turns pushing the stroller and running. I hope to be able to run 3 miles by the time the summer is over, but for now, I am up to about 1 1/2 miles.

Swimming: My Mom's subdivision has a pool and we have been hanging out there all summer. Rowen is a little water baby, and LOVES the pool, and Makaylee would literally swim from sun up to sun down if I would let her.
I LOVE THE SUMMER!!

4 comments:

Christen said...

I feel the SAME way - I'm just a lazy blogger these days. Guess what? We're flying West tomorrow!! Dreading the flights, but excited to get there. I'll let you know when we'll be in UT when we figure it out.

cory and tara said...

Cute pics! It was fun to run into you the other day, let's get together again soon!

The Hoods said...

Summer really does just fly by. We haven't even seen you guys!! We need to get together for some summer fun, before it's over!!

kristi said...

You have been super busy this summer!! I am so impressed that you are out running. That's great! When I read that, I thought "I should go out running too." Then I saw your last picture of those delicious cupcakes and decided I would just sit back and enjoy eating junk food instead!!!!!!!!! :) Oh, and DARLING picture of your family at the top.