6/03/2008

Allergy Testing

We had Rowen allergy tested on Thursday. He was tested for Soy, Dairy, and Egg (why not more, I don't know?) the good news was that he showed no sign of reaction to any of them! The bad news is that he still has a "protein sensitivity" to Soy and Dairy, but kids almost always outgrow that by the time they are two. After that news, I jumped the gun a little. We had friends over for a BBQ and I helped myself to a big piece of cheesecake, the next day Rowen had massive diarrhea! So I guess it is just a waiting game, you try a little on them, and if they have a bad reaction you hold off for a few more months. (My poor little guinea pig!) I still haven't figured out what he is going to drink once I wean him? He is actually trying to wean himself right now, he is totally resisting nursing, which is fine (he is almost 12 months old) except that he is also resisting ANY OTHER sippy cup or bottle. I don't understand why we have such issues with him eating and drinking, if there is anything I am REALLY good at, it is at eating and drinking!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

My allergy testing didn't show up with any "allergies", just A LOT of sensitivities. And a lot of that has been trial and error too. I hope that Rowan grows out of all of his.