5/25/2008

Rowen Is Sick!

Rowen has been really sick for three days. He has a viral infection in his throat and has had scary-high fevers (104!) Rowen is normally such a busy baby, he cannot hold still usually. But yesterday it was like carrying around a warm sack of flour! It was so sad, he couldn't even sit up without slumping over! The Dr. said that this infection is going around and she had seen 12 kids that day with the same thing. The sad thing is I had taken Ro into his Dr.s office for an allergy consult about 5 days earlier, and I am almost positive that is how he picked up this awful bug! I just love taking my kids in for a well child visit and having them come out sick! He hasn't been eating or drinking well because his throat hurts so bad, and has lost weight yet again! My poor baby will be lucky if he weighs 18 lbs by the time he is 1! He is not even on the charts for weight right now. The good news is that he is going to have some allergy testing done this coming week, and then hopefully we can introduce some new foods into his diet. I just wish I could give him some big chunks of cheese to help fatten him up!


Ro has been pulling up to stand for about a month, but I finally took some pictures of it.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Poor Rowan! I hope he is feeling better. What do you do for a virus in your throat?

Sonya said...

Poor guy! I feel quilty since I sent you to the doc that he got it from! I hope he is feeling better today! Did you see the new lady doc in that office?
Poor little guy! Are you hanging in there? Sick kids are hard on the parents too!
Let me know if you need anything!

Holly said...

Poor thing! I hope he gets feeling better.

The Hoods said...

I hate it when my kids are sick. I hope that he gets better. That is crazy that he is not even on the charts for his weight, what a skinny kid you have!

kristi said...

I ALWAYS get worried about the kids getting sick at the doctors office - especially when you see little kids sick all over the place. I know it's the right place for them to be too, but I wish they had a sterilized room for the "not sick" kids to stay in with sterilized toys!! :)

Tiffany said...

Stef,
I just thought of something that might help Row. My Dr. is really adamant about my family taking liquid cod liver oil. I know that sounds TOTALLY gross, but they have flavored ones now. Lemon and orange. The taste really isn't bad, its more the texture. But it's a great way to help our immune systems. She only recommends Nordic Naturals. (they have it at Good Earth and Harmons) You have to be careful with some cod liver oils and fish oils because they can have mercury (from the fish) or soy added to them. But it helps your immune system, helps you to heal faster from wounds and helps brain function. So I figure it can't hurt. My Dr. says to give it to my family every day. 1 tsp.