9/19/2010

Can't a Mom get a Break?!

We have been wallowing in our normal Autumn Illnesses this week -- brought on by back-to-school-germs, and intensified by asthma. Rowen was our first worry, his coughs started again so we were giving him nebulizers around the clock for a few nights in a row, and when that started to settle down a bit Aleeya spiked a fever.

It was pretty high (102.5) for two days in a row so I hauled her into the doctor to have her checked out. It turns out to be a less known viral illness called Roseola that causes high fevers for three days and then ends with a strange rash on the trunk, neck, and arms (which she now has.)

As I was driving home from the doctor with Aleeya and Rowen all I could think about is how badly I could use a Large Diet Coke and an Extra Large Break! But before I even made it to the Maverik (for the Diet Coke) I got a phone call that informed me just what kind of a BREAK I was getting.

Makaylee fell off of the Monkey Bars at school and broke her arm! Seriously! I called Terrill and told him that unless he wanted me to have a mental breakdown he was going to meet me at the hospital NOW. Of course he obliged, and met me there a few minutes later to help wrangle all the children and ALL of our issues.

Let me just add that everyone is doing much better now, we are just trying to figure out how we are going to deal with a brand new cast on our Disneyland/ beach vacation next week! Definitely not the best time for the broken arm, but then again- when is?


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I know your kids are sick/hurt, but I think I feel worse for you! Hang in there... at least her sling looks cute with her boots :0)

Halls Huddle said...

What a week! Even with the broken arm Makaylee is BEAUTIFUL! She looks so much like you did at that age. Hope this week brings fewer adventures for your cute little family. Have fun at Disneyland.

jkimball said...

I am so sorry. It sounds like you really NEED a vacation. I hope this is the last of the craziness for a LONG LONG time.

PS When Taylor had that virus the Dr said rash meant he was on the mend. Here's hoping that is the case for Aleeya.

The Hoods said...

I'm sorry about Makaylee's arm! That is so sad.
Funny thing, all 3 of my kids had roseola around their 1st birthdays. With Makenna I was really nervous because of the fever and then the rash, then I found out what it was, and with each other one, around that same time... they had same symptoms so I just knew what it was and didn't even take them in.