5/31/2010

I Don't Want This Anymore


The other day, Rowen woke up early and came into my room to lay by me. I thought he was falling asleep, when suddenly he popped his binky (I know) out of his mouth and said: "I don't want this anymore." I was a little confused, I asked him if he didn't want it right now, or if he didn't want it at all anymore. He said "Nope, I don't want it anymore!"
I said, "Okay, if you don't want it anymore, do you want to go throw it in the garbage?"
He said, "Yep, I'll throw it in the garbage!" and he hopped up and did it!
Really?!
I had been dreading and putting off that moment for WAY TOO LONG! I didn't know it could be so easy! (I won't mention the fact that when it was time for bed- he changed his mind and asked Makaylee to go get it out of the garbage and wash it for him - and became a little teary when I told him that 'the garbage man already took it to the dump.') But still. . .I am so proud, and I can't believe how grown up he is becoming!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Holly said...

I hope Emery does that too. That sounds awesome! I wish everything in parenting was that easy :-)