12/16/2009

Maternity Pictures

Disclaimer: First, let me say, if you don't like maternity photos, skip this post (everyone feels really differently about the whole belly thing.)

Since (we are planning on) this being my last baby, and since I usually avoid being photographed while I'm pregnant, I decided to bite the bullet and get some maternity pictures taken. I figured that in the future I would probably regret it if I didn't have some nice ones. (I know it wouldn't have happened if the photographer didn't happen to be my sweet and talented sister! Thank you!)



Posted by Picasa
Right now I am a nervous wreck, wondering when the baby is going to make her debut. If I haven't had her sooner, I am going to be induced on December 28th. (Like a week and a half! Ahhhh!) However, I went to the Dr. today and I am already 75% effaced and 2 1/2 cm's dilated (sorry if TMI again!) I am really hoping that she will hold out until after Christmas, because that would make my life (and this Christmas) so much less complicated!

These last few weeks of pregnancy are such a roller coaster ride, 99% of me is ready to have the baby, to be done being pregnant, and to have my own body to myself again. But then there is this really, really, nagging 1% that reminds me: how difficult the first few weeks with a newborn are, how challenging the first few months of nursing are, and how frustrating it is to not get any sleep!!! But ready or not, here she comes!

7 comments:

kristi said...

GOOD LUCK STEF!!!! We're sure thinking about you and praying for you!! (Jeni - you are SUPER talented FOR SURE... and Stef - you are GORGEOUS!!! Even at nine months pregnant. DEFINITELY not fair!!) :)

Tiffany said...

Stef,
Your pictures turned out great! Keep your legs crossed until the
28th.
Good luck with everything, let me know what I can do to help you.

Jeni said...

I would never like a maternity picture of ME - but yours are gorgeous - not much talent required to make you look beautiful even at ~9months preggo! We can't wait to meet her!

jkimball said...

I am glad you took pictures. I said to Nick on Thanksgivig, what a beautiful pregnant lady you are. I hope all goes well for the little one's debut.

The Ingleby Family said...

So beautiful! I love them! I will pray your little one comes after Christmas! Let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys!
Love ya!
Andrea

Christen said...

You look so beautiful, Stef! Good luck, we'll be thinking of you!

The Hoods said...

You look so cute! It shows you how long it's been since I've seen you... I haven't even seen you pregnant. You look beautiful!