5/09/2009

Race For The Cure!

This morning Terry, me, and my friends Sonya, and Glow ran the Race for the Cure 5K. It was an amazing and emotional experience, and I am so thankful that I got to be a part of it! Over $255,00.00 was raised to help find the cure for Breast Cancer!

Terry and I at the start line.

With 17,000 of our closest friends!

3.2 miles, and 32 minutes later, we crossed the finish line! As we were rounding the last corner we saw 4 darling older ladies in their Survivor shirts holding hands, and as we ran past them they shouted to us "Thanks for running for us!" It was so sweet!

Sonya, Glow, and me, taking advantage of the free breakfast afterwards!
To learn more check out: Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christen said...

So awesome! I hope I can run ours next year ... Mike is in Utah right now so I passed this year.

Happy Mother's Day!

The Ingleby Family said...

That is SO awesome! I appreciate you running. Maybe I will be able to next year when I am not big fat and pregnant! Congrats'! You guys are awesome!

Tiffany said...

Good for you! That is so awesome!

Jeni said...

Next year! that looks so fun. Tell Terry he looks good in pink. :-)

$inger!!! said...

my teacher went in that too and she got in the newspaper!!!