5/10/2009

KK's Quotes for Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I thought today would be a great day for me to share some of the funny quotes that Makaylee has said about Mothers (me) lately. They range from sweet to sassy, just like my dear daughter!

We were having a little argument (nothing unusual) about something silly. I told her that she needed to do something and she said "WHY?!"

(me) "Because I am the Mom, and I said so!" (I never thought I would really ever use this line, but I do. . .FREQUENTLY.)

(her) "WELL, When I am the Mom, you are going to grow up to be the little girl, and then I am going to tell YOU what to do!!"

Really, how do you even respond to that? All I could do was laugh!


"Mommy, I hope you never get old, because you look pretty how you are now!" (Yikes, me too!)


And, last but not least: While I was tucking her in tonight she was starting to get grumpy with me. I reminded her, "You are supposed to be nice to me today, because it's Mother's Day." Her reply (read with a whiny accent) "But MOM, it's aLmOsT over!" (As if ONE day a year is just too much to ask for a child to be nice to their mother!)

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Hee hee. Those are all so her. Happy belated Mother's Day!