2/10/2009

hug.. HUG... HUUUGGGG!


A few weeks ago, a friend asked me if my two kids fight. I thought about it, and smiled, and said "No, they really never do!" ('Wow, aren't I lucky!' I thought.)

But, I forgot to knock on wood! And kids learn. . . Rowen has learned how to push his big sister's buttons! He has perfected this little arm flap, that ALMOST looks like hitting. And let me tell you, it ANNOYS his big sister! (Seriously, he wouldn't be able to hurt a fly with his little flapping arm!)

It goes something like this: She'll look at him (how dare her!) and he'll flap his little spastic arm at her, and she'll yell "Rowen, BE NICE!!! " He will immediately stop, and say "Hug" and she'll melt, give him a huge hug and say "Oh, he is so sweet!"

It is admittedly cute the first time, but this sequence happens over, and over, and OVER! And if Makaylee gets sick of it, or if she gets genuinely offended and won't hug him, he'll chase her around yelling "hug. .Hug!!.. HUG!!.. HHHUUUGGG!!!" Until she gives in and gives him a hug and tells him how sweet he is!

5 comments:

jkimball said...

Awww! Trade ya. Our day involves Brooklyn grabbing Taylor and huging until he crys. When I tell her to stop she tells me but Taylor is just too cute. That pictures is a keeper.

Jeni said...

I'm glad I decided to finish reading after you said your kids never fight: I almost hung up on you...J/K. That is hilarious. HOw quickly they learn.

Tiffany said...

That is so cute!

kristi said...

HOW CUTE!! What cute kids you have. And the cutest part is picturing Rowen chasing her until she gives him a hug!! :)

Halls Huddle said...

Your kids are adorable, Stef. Seriously- you better have a dozen more.