1/21/2009

She's so Vain. . .

The other day I told Makaylee that I loved her.
She smiled and said, "Mommy, why do you love me so much?"
I took the opportunity to rattle off a bunch of reasons, "You are so funny, and cute, you are such a good big sister, and daughter, you sing pretty, you are a good dancer, you are such a good girl, you are pretty. . . " and on and on.
After I finished, I took and exaggerated breath and said "Wow, that's a lot of reasons, hu!"
She said, "Yes, but you forgot one!"
"I did? What did I forget?"
She said, "Just that I'm so smart!"
He he he, smart, yes, but I think the one I forgot was VAIN!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, I guess if you got it, you got it. Right?? :-)

Jeni said...

Love it. That's the perfect picture too, like she's saying "I'm sooooo funny!" (don't forget smart :o)

jkimball said...

All you can do is laugh!

kristi said...

Ha ha - what a CUTE GIRL!!!!! She IS very smart, that's true! :)