12/29/2008

Christmas Eve the Cummings Way

Every Christmas Eve, we have a party with the entire Cummings side of the family. It goes something like this:
First, we eat tons of delicious food. (Usually sandwiches and lots of side dishes.)
Second, we have a (fairly irreverent) version of the Nativity story. This part of the night is so nostalgic to me, because now my kids are dressing up in the costumes that I used to wear when I was part of the play!
Next, we have a talent show, it usually borders on hilarious, rather than serious.
Then, ALL the kids tear into their presents from a way to generous Grandma Joye!
This year she made them all hats and scarfs! Here is a picture with most of the kids and grandma:
Christmas Eve has always been as fun for me as Christmas, since I was tiny, thanks to these family traditions.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Me too. LOVE christmas eve!