10/03/2005

Can We Please have our PERMIT!!!


Well, I guess we just need to accept it. We will be living in my parents basement forever! Forget worrying if we'll be here for Christmas, forget thinking that we may be out by New Years eve! Our builder has been fighting with the city of Riverton over our permit for a few weeks. The city wanted our electrical system to have more amps and our builder didn't want to put forward more money to do that. So either we would have to pay for the upgraded system, or the city of Riverton would have to fold. Luckily our builders electrical engineer submitted a letter testifying to the fact that our electrical system would be sufficient, and the city gave in. So why do we still have no permit???!!! "We should have it within 1-2 business days" I have been hearing that for almost 5 weeks! This is getting so frustrating!

My sisters baby, Lanie, came down with a serious infection after her hip surgery. Luckily my sister caught it really early or it could have been a lot worse. She had to go into surgery again and have her incision opened up and cleaned out. They recasted her and inserted a PICC line (a long term IV that has a catheter that extends right to her heart) and sent her home with IV antibiotics that my sister has to administer every 8 hours for two weeks. I told my sister that if she ever wants to be a nurse, she would be way ahead of the game! Lanie is doing as good as can be expected. Although a body cast, and a bad case of the runs (caused by the anitbiotics) are not a good combination to say the least. (my poor sister!)

Did I mention before that Terry got the much anticipated Customer Service Supervisor position? He is really excited to move up at Magellan. They have treated him really good there, and it's nice to keep his seniority and the benefits that go along with it! I quit doing the PRN Home Health visits that I was doing on the weekends. The schedule was always too up in the air, and it was taking too much time away from my family. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Lanie! Congrats to Terry on the new position and yay for you for getting to quit!