3/28/2012

My Superheroes. . .


I was looking through my old SD cards, in an attempt to get my blog up-to-date when I stumbled upon this old picture.  It was captured with my first digital camera-- right before it died, and was discarded.  It was taken on Halloween when Rowen was just 16 months old.  I was so upset when I discovered that all of my Halloween pictures that year had been ruined.  Most of those photos have been deleted, but when I saw this one tonight--I thought it was absolutely perfect.  I love the way it appears to be fading out, just like an old memory.  I love the disparity in size between my little superhero and my tall, sweet husband.  I love the way that it inadvertently frames the house that 2/3 of my kids were born in, and that we will be moving from soon.  I just love it, but the longer I look at it, the sadder it makes me feel. . .

No comments: