10/15/2010

Thick Skin

You need to have pretty thick skin to work where I do. I wasn't born with it, but I am definitely growing it! I have been called every name in the book, (plus a few that aren't in the book!) But sometimes these kiddos are just so darn amusing, too! Tonight I worked on the Aspergers (Autistic) Unit. They are such a funny (and brutally honest) bunch. When I was passing meds, one of my conversations went like this:
Me: "Hi, What's your name?"
Boy: "*Brandon. . . What is your name?"
Me: "Stefanie"
Boy: "Hi Stefanie. . . Stefanie, do you think that you are a little bit too tall?"
Me: "No, do you?"
Boy(with absolutely no facial expression or sarcasm): "Yes."

*Name changed

2 comments:

Jeni said...

totally not an insult, by the way =] but hilarious and a lot nicer than I would have heard, i'm sure!

Kelli said...

At least he didn't say a little too fat or too ugly or anything else like that (which would be totally untrue). On the positive side, when they give you compliments, you'll know they really mean them because they are so honest!