8/23/2010

STITCHES. . .

We've had our first. . . and HOPEFULLY-LAST experience with stitches. Makaylee was running around outside and hit a skiff of sand that had been left on the neighbors driveway and WIPED-OUT! I was at work, and unable to leave because my patients were being NAUGHTY! I was a nervous wreck waiting to hear the latest and wishing I could be with her! Luckily my mom lives right next to the hospital so she met Terrill at the Emergency Department and watched the other two kids while Makaylee got stitched up. Terrill handled it all like a pro, and Makaylee was SO BRAVE! 7 stitches right in her pretty little chin!
I called her when she was finished (11:00PM) and one of the first things she said to me was "I'm sorry I made everyone stay up so late Mommy!" It broke my heart!
Do you see any resemblance to Leno:)? Poor little sweetheart!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Ahhh! Poor little thing. That looks pretty bad. Hope she is feeling better!

Sonya said...

Poor KK! She looks tough though!

Jeni said...

Aw, she is all black and blue! Poor thing, that must have hurt bad! probably good you weren't there though... the kids are usually tougher than the moms in these things :D