9/16/2009

Cute Little Boys Don't Belong in Hospitals!

Two nights ago Rowen when to bed as happy as a clam, with just a tiny little cough. As the night went on I could tell it was turning into asthma, so I gave him his inhaler and put him back to bed. At 6:00am I heard a WEIRD noise coming from his room, that kind of sounded like coughing, but when I went into his room he was sitting up in his bed GASPING for air! Pretty much the scariest Mom moment I have ever had! I ran/fell down the stairs to grab his nebulizer medication (I am SO thankful that we had on hand!) and luckily the treatment worked, for about 1 1/2 hours, (it is supposed to last 6 hours!) So off to Rowen's asthma doctor we went, first thing in the morning. He gave us a few more treatments and then sent us to the instacare. The instacare took one look at him and sent us to Primary Children's and that is where we spent our last 24 hours! (I was glad we didn't have to go by ambulance this time!)

Sweet little boys just don't deserve to be in the hospital! It is the saddest thing to see his little tiny body in a big huge hospital bed! And let me add, that the pregnancy hormones made this even more traumatic than it would have been, I almost cried as much as he did!

Rowen is such a trooper, he holds the masks himself during his treatments (he calls them Puffs) and he sure charms all the nurses and doctors (who are sadly getting to know him!)

Proving that he is much more resilient than his mother!

(This is his "Say Cheese" face, it cracks me up.) Rowen got home this afternoon and is doing much better, he just has to keep using his inhaler and be on steroids for the next 5 days. I really REALLY hope he grows out of this sometime soon!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sonya said...

I am so glad that he is home safe and sound!

jkimball said...

Poor guy!! What a little doll he is. I am sure the Dr and nurses hate and love to see you walk in the door. Let's hope you won't being going again.

Holly said...

Oh, poor thing. I had no idea he had asthma. I am glad he is doing better!

Tiffany said...

OH No! Poor little guy! I hope you are both feeling better! Let me know If I can help you!
Tiff

kristi said...

Sorry about that Stef. I bet it was much harder on you! Hope he gets feeling better!

Christen said...

So scary! Poor little Rowen!