5/22/2006

Life Is Good!

Last night, before I put Makaylee to bed, we poked our heads in the computer room to say goodnight to daddy. Of course she wanted Daddy to hold her and play with her for a minute. When I started to take her from him she started crying, "Want Daddy too!" So all three of us headed into her darkened bedroom. We hugged and said our prayers. We started singing Makaylee's goodnight song, and she wanted to sing it over and over and over. It was quite the noise with Terry singing low, me singing high, and Makaylee howling a few words here and there and completely off key. I think normally I would have been a little agitated, thinking of all the things I needed to do after Makaylee when to bed. But not last night, I closed my eyes and thought, there is no where in the world I would rather be right now, and I wish this moment would last forever!!

I went to lunch with my friend Sonya today. She has a little girl that is almost one. Makaylee loved playing with her and playing on the slides. Sonya is building a house one block away and I am so excited for them to move in!

Later today my sister-in-law Heather called and asked if I wanted to go to the Aquarium at the Gateway. (Of course I did!) We met her and her twin girls (14 months old) by the fountain at Gateway, and guess what? The Aquarium was moved to Sandy! We decided to stay at Gateway anyway and shop (and spend way too much money,) eat, and let the 3 girls play in the fountain. We stopped at the Chocolate Cottage and bought chocolate strawberries for us, and rice krispy treats for the girls. Makaylee got one look at my strawberry and decided suddenly that she didn't like rice crispy treats. She ate half of my strawberry! Heather and I got caught up and did plenty of "talking" about our husbands (who are brothers.) he he he

It really is fun to be the mother of a 2 year old. (Really!) Because Makaylee is so facinated about the small things, it makes me pay more attention to them. Who knew that walking to the park one block away would take 20 minutes, and that the journey would be more fun than the destination!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already told you how cute this picture was in the email...Love it!