3/29/2011

Daddy's Girl



Having a baby that is a "Daddy's Girl" is fun, adorable, and charming. . . IF YOU ARE THE DAD. But, to the sensitive Mom it is not quite so cute! She likes me okay when it is just her and I, but the moment Daddy gets home from work, she uses my face like a sprinters block to push off of -- into Daddy's arms! I guess it kind of makes things even, since Rowen is an unapologetic Mama's Boy, and Makaylee is just too discreet to let us know either way. But still, when I take her out of Terrill's arms and she whimpers and reaches for him it does break my heart just a little bit!

I was trying to read "Sleeping Beauty" to her the other day and she just kept shoving my hand out of the way and flipping it back to the front cover and saying "Dada, Dada, DADA!!" I guess she thought the picture of Prince Charming looked like her Daddy. (To my dismay, she didn't even notice Sleeping Beauty's long blond hair, and call her Mama!)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Maybe she thought SHE was the blond princess in the book :-)

Emery is a Daddy's boy, so I totally feel your pain!

BensonFam said...

Oh goodness! Caleb is the SAME way with me and Cameron. When Cameron is home I am not allowed to hold, help ("no! daddy do it!") or sometimes even be in the same room with Caleb ("mommy go away - I playin with dad!") It's endearing to see them so in love with each other, but also a little sad when I want in on the snuggling and he's a pill about it.